– At 419 pounds, Stavros Luca is not your typical beauty pageant contestant. But that did not keep this body-assured man from entering the Mr. Gay UK contest. With overwhelming support in the crowd, Stavros won 1st place! The story is awesome and inspirational, but it does not quite have a happy ending. The local news coverage erased him in the storyline, and event organizers decide to disqualify on him two days later on a bullshit technicality. Read the complete story here, and the brief Guardian documentary (embedded at the end) is worth viewing. [Mic]
Results from among BuzzFeed’s Body Image Survey Questions
– BuzzFeed started size” model and body approval advocate Tess Munster went on HuffPost Live to talk about posing naked and her previous and current challenges with her body image.
– Well-Known “plus-size
– The nipple was finally freed this weekend with the Free The Nipple movie release! The reviews are kind of abysmal. Thus far I Had describe the consensus as “well intentioned, but shallow and amateurish.” The New York Times described it as “first and foremost the cinematic equivalent of a billboard.” I visited the premiere last week and will be posting my own review. For now, here’s one of the favorable reviews that I loved in Time, which focuses on why topfree equality matters.
– Another writer tried a NYC naked yoga class at Bold & Naked Yoga, and gave a adorable, positive account of her encounter. Though note that coed naked yoga has been going on in NY for years, and she’s incorrect saying that http://modestperson.com/views/discovered-nudist-notices.php & Naked is the first. [Nicely Good]
– As mentioned in the previous Naked News Roundup, a UK documentary called “The Naked Village” aired last week. It focuses a nudist club in Britain called Spielplatz. Based on this sympathetic review, it sounds just a little glum. The whole 45-minute documentary can be streamed on YouTube. [The Guardian]
Rogen and Franco on Naked and Afraid. Pic: Discovery Channel
– To promote their new film, Seth Rogen and James Franco did a spoof episode of Naked and Afraid. There were some good jokes, and they managed to do it without body-shaming. My favorite line: Seth asking for a giant blur on his crotch region. It’s possible for you to watch it online here.
Oldie but Goodie
– Initially printed in Bitch magazine in 2012, this in depth report on naturism is exceptional. It is favorable overall, but the writer brings up some valid criticisms and questions about the future of the naturist movement. Anyone concerned with the future of naturism should read it. [Bitch Magazine / Alternet]
Young Naturists & Naturists America
Labels: nude news
Category: Naked News
About the Writer (Author Profile)
Writer of Naturist Blog. Cofounder of Nudist Portal. 3rd-generation nudie. Avid reader. Feminist. 70% vegan, 30% vegetarian. Once I’m not busy eating, http://nudists-young.org/contri/my-husband-and-i-went-fishing-down-by-the-river-naked/ ‘m writing about naturism, censorship, topfree equality, body image and other fun subjects. I like feedback, so plz leave a comment when you’ve got something to say!